Organization: FHI 360
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 19 Nov 2018
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID WASH project to be based in DRC.
Chief of Party
The Chief of Party will provide overall vision and leadership for the project; be accountable to USAID for all project deliverables; and assume technical and management responsibility for all project personnel. He/she will be the primary liaison for the project with USAID, relevant government ministries, other donors and institutions, implementing partners, technical agencies and other stakeholders, ensuring alignment and harmonization with other programming where appropriate. He/she will be responsible for developing and monitoring annual plans; achievement of program targets; submission of all program deliverables to USAID; and identification and resolution of issues and risks related to program implementation. He/she will coordinate partner efforts in program implementation. He/she will be ultimately responsible for award management, including compliance with FHI 360 and USAID policies and procedures for prime award management, sound financial monitoring and control and subaward management.
- 10+ years of professional experience, with progressively increasing responsibilities and duties, in fields related to the successful implementation of projects such as water and sanitation technical expertise, local governance, private sector capacity building, and behavior change promotion.
- 5 years of experience in the management and oversight of USAID-funded cooperative agreements and/or contracts of a similar size and scope. Experience in strategic planning, supervision of projects, and budgeting of large, donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain effective relationships with government official and policymakers, as well as a broader range of public and private stakeholders and partners.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Desirable experience in the following types of programming:
- Systems approach to thinking about water, sanitation and hygiene
- Quality service delivery, equity and sustainability
- Effective gender-responsive WASH services
- Increased access and use of affordable and appropriate WASH products and services;
- Increased adoption of WASH behaviors for improved health using evidence-based approaches.
- Nexus between Food Security, Nutrition and WASH
- Outbreaks (Cholera, etc)
- Private sector expertise to improve sustainable access to WASH products/services
- Innovative financing to support market development in order to increase access to WASH products/services
- Improved governance of the WASH sector
- Desirable to have a Master’s Degree in environmental or civil engineering, public health, business administration, governance, or related field.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply: