Organization: Management Systems International
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 08 Nov 2018
Administrative and Finance Assistant,
USAID Solutions for Peace and Recovery,
The goal of the Solutions for Peace and Recovery (SPR) program, implemented in eastern DRC (North Kivu and South Kivu), is to increase social cohesion through inclusion of women and marginalized groups in community-based conflict analysis, prevention, resolution, and recovery. SPR provides USAID/DRC with the ability to respond to dynamic, time-sensitive, and/or unique opportunities to reinforce peace and prevent or assist in the recovery from conflict in areas that are strategically important to the stability of eastern DRC.
The Administrative and Finance Assistant, based in Goma, North Kivu, will support the grants, finance, operations and technical teams to perform administrative aspects of USAIDs SPR to support smooth project operation and organization. The Administrative and Finance Assistant will report directly to the Operations Manager.
**This position is open to Congolese Nationals only
- Support administrative, finance, grants and programs activities by supporting these teams to organize and archive information.
- Support the grants team to maintain organized hard copy files of all grant partners.
- Assist staff with overflow work including word processing, data entry and research.
- Perform errands in support of assigned tasks, such as deliveries or pickups, project purchases or other miscellaneous tasks.
- Perform follow up calls to check in with project vendors, provide confirmation of receipt of official correspondence, make reservations, and manage other communications as needed.
- Maintain office and purchase order files, databases and assist with recording the purchase of supplies.
- Support Operations Manager to complete financial transactions related to day-to-day procurement.
- Travel to Bukavu office as requested to support administrative and financial tasks in both SPR project offices.
- Support SPR events and trainings by working with vendors and preparing and stocking venues as needed.
- Support logistical coordination for local and international travel for SPR staff and visitors alike.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of on- and off-site meetings.
- Support the Finance and Compliance Manager to ensure accurate timecard keeping by performing periodic checks and reviews.
Manage effective filing and documentation of all project payments to tax authorities in accordance with DRC legal and regulatory requirements.
Manage and maintain office bulletin board to track staff movements and provide general communications to staff.
Ensure proper supervision of the office maintenance staff.
Manage and maintain staff address book.
Any other assignments as determined by project needs.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in administrative and/or operational management, preferably with an international organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, economy, finance or related discipline preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Knowledgeable in MS office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- French fluency required and English proficiency a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to apply: