Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 22 Jul 2018
Position Title : Project Manager
Duty Station : Mbuji-Mayi, Dem. Rep. Congo
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 22 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Kinshasa (CoM), the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the implementation, monitoring and development of projects related to the mission, in addition to support to the project related to the Congolese National Police and the implementation of the community policing approach in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). S/he will work closely on projects funded by the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) Bureau of the United States Department of State and will act as the ad interim Head of Sub-office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Law, Political or Social Sciences, Humanities, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited police or others academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Previous experience in technical advisory, mentoring, coaching and coordination is desired;
• Previous experience providing support to national efforts in the area of
security sector reform, law enforcement training/capacity building, law enforcement, operations, public security, security sector management is desired;
• A minimum of two years of experience working overseas in a post conflict or reconstruction programme;
• Previous experience in writing training plans, statements of works, standard operating procedures and detailed instructions;
• Ability to comfortably speak in public; ability to prepare and provide briefings in English and
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of a local language is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 22 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 09.07.2018 to 22.07.2018
Requisition: VN2018/166(P)-ProjectManager(P2)-Mbuji-Mayi,DemocraticRepublicofCongo (55559429) Released
Posting: Posting NC55559434 (55559434) Released