Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 22 Jun 2018
Finance Officer (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until July 31, 2019. Employment location will be Beni, DR Congo.
The objective is to implement existing financial management standards in the programmes and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work.
- Manage the project’s contractual agreement and ensure strong budget control in close cooperation with the Head of Project
- Ensure that activities and workplan are in synchronization with budget versus actual
- Carry out financial administrative controls at project level
- Participate in new proposal development and review budget allocation and cost imputation
- Ensure that the project’s financial administrative processes at the project location are auditable and efficient
- Submit monthly financial and cost control report for each project, supporting the Head of Project with the liquidity planning
- Support the Head of Project prepare or revise the project / co-financing budget in terms of formal correctness
- Ensure correct personnel management within the project, in particular: prepare and monitor contractual standards for local staff
- Provide instructions and advisory to national administration staff under your supervision
- Instruct and support project partner organizations in matters relating to financial management
- A university or polytechnic degree or relevant training (e.g. in accounting or controlling)
- Several years of professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for international (aid) organizations
- Excellent communication and intercultural skills
- Coordination and organizational skills, even under high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- An excellent knowledge of French and a good knowledge of English; German language skills are an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 22, 2018.
How to apply:
Please send your application via our online recruiting System by June June 22, 2018.