Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 11 Jun 2018
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the National Migration Health Officer, the incumbent is responsible for operating and maintenance of x-ray equipments including DR, CR and x-ray machines and maintaining the x-ray rooms to produce radiographs (x-rays) of body for diagnostic purposes to ensure that refugees are medically fit to migrate in accordance with the medical/health requirements of the resettlement countries.
- uthenticate the identity of the applicants undergoing radiological examination by signing on the photos or in any authentication method required by the resettlement countries.2. Prepare patient-applicants for x-ray examinations by explaining the procedure, removing articles such as jewelry, through which x-rays cannot pass, positioning
- patients so that parts of the body can be appropriately radiographed.
- Calibrate and adjust x-ray equipment in accordance with general and individually prescribed protocols.
- Adhere strictly to internationally accepted standards of safety for the patients and staff while performing Radiology examinations. Observes applicant-patient and machine during procedures, and reports unusual occurrences and records patient’s condition.
- Produce and develop chest X-rays and other radiology techniques/examinations, as requested by the supervisor.
- Maintain records of films and digital images taken in the unit, prepares statistical reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that regular maintenance work is carried out periodically and inform the supervisor in case there is a need for any extra maintenance / repair on any piece of the used Equipment.
- Verify the technical correctness of the produced x-ray images , thus limiting the need for repeated examinations.
- Review the x-ray images taken in order to ensure technical correctness / good penetration was used, prior to releasing the patient.
- Burn x-ray images onto CDs and label them appropriately
- Upload x-ray images daily onto PACs server.
- Transmit x-ray images taken daily to radiologist in Nairobi, Manila or designated radiologist as may be advised and provide list of images to be required to be reported.
- Keep all working areas in the Radiology facility clean and dry.
- Ensure that the radiology room activities are carried out professionally and adhere to quality control standard requirements.
- Maintain a standard stock level for blank CDs and CD envelopes and other supplies, and assist the supervisor in determining the quantities for replenishment and requisition.
- Perform general office duties such as delivering and retrieving CDs scheduling patients, typing forms, recording and reporting.
- Clean the CR and cassettes regularly.
- Perform mobile mission duties in locations that may be required and to provide training to radiographers in the region.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
How to apply:
L’OIM applique une politique en faveur du genre et encourage les candidatures féminines.
Les candidatures composées du PHF de l’OIM (Personal History Form) et d’une lettre de
motivation dactylographiée peuvent être envoyées à l’adresse électronique suivante :
email@example.com avant le 11 juin 2018 en indiquant la référence du poste. Aucune candidature ne sera reçue par courrier physique.
Le formulaire Personnel History form (PHF) est disponible sur le site www.drcongo.iom.int