Organization: IntraHealth International
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 15 Jun 2018
The Country Coordinator serves as IntraHealth’s representative in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, responsible for stewardship of IntraHealth’s vision, mission, values and code of ethics. S/he is responsible for the strategic growth, relationship management and diversification of the IntraHealth country portfolio in the DRC. He/She provides oversight to IntraHealth operations and programs portfolio in DRC, and coordinates and aligns IntraHealth/US inputs into country operations. The Country Coordinator oversees implementation of risk mitigation and compliance measures, and host country, partner and donor satisfaction. He/She builds and maintains active relationships based on trust and mutual respect with key stakeholders from the government, donor, private, corporate and non-governmental sectors.
The Country Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of Program Delivery or his/her delegate. The Country Coordinator oversee all country-based staff (e.g. project, technical, finance), and serves as the direct supervisor to all project focal points and Finance Manager. The Country Coordinator models IntraHealth core values of excellence, openness, partnership and accountability in all decisions and actions.
Growth and Representation
- Grow and diversify the country portfolio, actively scanning the environment for potential opportunities, developing and implementing a rapid growth plan and leading efforts to convert opportunities to funding, working in partnership with and utilizing tools provided by the Business Development and other key US-based departments.
- Build on existing and develop new partnerships and synergies with national and international actors present in the field.
- Advance IntraHealth’s position as a partner of choice by cultivating relationships with current and potential stakeholders; local, regional and private sector partners and networks; and government, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Represent IntraHealth in the country, in communications, meetings and other interactions with government, donors, partners and other non-governmental agencies.
Country Portfolio Management
- Lead and contribute to the overall performance of the country portfolio in alignment with national strategic plans while ensuring host country stakeholder and donor satisfaction.
- Ensure technical and implementation excellence by providing technical assistance in her/his area of expertise and/or oversight to projects in the country portfolio.
- Liaise and collaborate with headquarters technical and program staff providing support to the country portfolio to maintain strong link between headquarters and country office to ensure quality program implementation.
Country Operations Management
- Oversee all country office operations and administrative processes, including ensuring all financial internal controls processes are upheld and followed.
- Lead and manage/supervise country-based programmatic, technical and administrative/finance staff, holding them accountable for results, setting priorities and performance expectations, assigning resources, and conducting performance reviews.
- Ensure country office and program operations are in compliance with country policies and laws, donor regulations and IntraHealth policies, standards, procedures and practices.
- Coordinate with IntraHealth US departments to align IntraHealth/US inputs into country operations and ensure timely reporting and responsiveness to HQ requirements.
- Review at a high-level country office financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist with proper segregation of duties among operations staff so that no single person controls any one process from start to finish.
- Masters’ degree in Public Health, International Development or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of related professional experience, with a minimum of 5 years managing and implementing international health programs and supervising teams.
- Significant knowledge of the DRC health system at all levels of the system.
- Experience working with the DRC government in developing and/or implementing health programs/services.
- Experience working with international organizations and donors in the DRC.
- Proven expertise in stakeholder engagement including strong skills in networking, building and maintaining productive partnerships with donors, governments, and other partners
- Experience in new business development, demonstrated accomplishments in country portfolio growth is a plus.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills including strategic planning, diplomacy, appreciating and managing diversity, and negotiation and advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated program management and operations skills in areas such as work plan implementation, risk management, and policy compliance.
- Excellent people skills and ability to work collegially with teams and individuals.
Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills in French and English.
We highly encourage qualified candidates that are currently based in Kinshasa to apply.
How to apply:
Apply online at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/INT1028/JobBoard/e2116091-25aa-2eb8-64d2-db11ee75b469/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=4aad4fa5-239e-4566-b359-86cb62984ebc