Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 26 Mar 2018
Position Title : Procurement and Logistics Officer
Duty Station : Kinshasa, Dem. Rep. Congo
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 26 March 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Congo, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and in collaboration with the Global Procurement Supply Unit/Field Procurement Unit at the Manila Administrative Centre, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for ensuring the appropriate implementation of Instructions, Regulations and Rules which govern IOM management of resources related to procurement in the Mission and sub-offices. S/he will be responsible and accountable for providing support to ongoing activities with procurement and logistics services.
S/he will also contribute to providing recommendations aiming at increasing effectiveness, efficiency and transparency of the procurement management in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The successful candidate, in coordination with Global Procurement and Supply Unit (GPSU), will be responsible and accountable for procurement and supply chain activities for the IOM DRC, measured by IOM Procurement and Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators:
• Best Value Sourcing and Value for Money
• Availability and Quality
• Compliance and Stewardship
• Productivity and Efficiency
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Strong technical experience in procurement and logistics at an international level;
• Diverse experience working on complex projects and emergencies, specifically meeting timelines and milestones;
• Experience living and working in Phase 3 security environment;
• Knowledge of asset management processes and procedures.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 26 March 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 13.03.2018 to 26.03.2018
Requisition: SVN 2018/65 (P) – Procurement and Logistics Officer (P2) – Kinshasa, DRC (55403611) Released
Posting: Posting NC55403612 (55403612) Released