Organization: Concern Worldwide
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 28 Mar 2018
About the role: This is a 12 month, new role with unaccompanied terms based in Tanganyika Province, DRC with frequent travel in Tanganyika and Haut-Katanga, with a salary of Grade 3.
You will report to the Emergency Coordinator and will line manage the emergency teams of Kabalo, Nyunzu and Pweto and work closely with the other Emergency Programme Managers, Programmes Director, Director of Business Development, Livelihoods & WASH Programme Managers, Manono Base Manager and M&E Manager.
We would like you to start on 1st May 2018, pending funding approval.
The Emergency Programme Manager is responsible for the overall management, implementation and development of Concern’s Emergency programme in ex-Katanga province.
This role is subject to the approval of funding.
You will be responsible for:
Programme Management and quality
· Oversee the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Ex-Katanga Emergency Programme, ensuring programme quality adheres to Concern and international standards.
· Ensure that programme strategy is regularly reviewed according to the humanitarian situation in Ex-Katanga and communicated internally and with donors.
· Lead and participate in emergency assessments and develop plans for expansion in consultation with line management.
· Ensure that crosscutting themes including accountability, adherence to Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), equality, gender and protection are mainstreamed in the programme.
· Ensure community participation, sensitisation and collaboration in programme activities.
· Manage and monitor the Emergency Programme Complaints Response Mechanism and ensure analysis and application of learning from complaint information.
· Ensure that donor proposals, budgets and reports are of high quality, up to date and delivered in a timely manner in accordance with Concern policies/procedures and donor requirements.
· Ensure that donor strategy, donor guidelines, formats and processes are understood and being adhered to within programme implementation and procurement.
· Ensure networking and coordination with local Government authorities, other NGOs, and UN at field level.
· Represent Concern to donors, clusters and other coordination fora in Kalemie as required.
· Identify project staff needs, ensuring that job descriptions are developed, properly qualified staff are recruited, inducted and trained as per the needs of the programme and organisation.
· Manage the Programme Team with particular emphasis on capacity building of staff through mentoring, training, and ensuring all staff have up to date job descriptions and Performance Development Reviews (PDR) as per policy.
· Ensure that all staff are provided with the necessary support and advice to carry out their duties particularly as they relate to emergency preparedness and response.
· Ensure that situation reports, i.e. security, personnel, programme activities, etc. are produced to a high standard and in a timely manner.
· Maximise visibility & facilitate external (donor, UN, head office, consultants, etc.) visits to the field.
Finance, Admin and Logistics
· Monitor and manage programme expenditure and budgets, ensuring resources are optimally utilized and spending is in line with Concern financial procedures and donor requirements.
· Coordinate the day-to-day management of logistics, administration and human resource needs for programme implementation in line with organizational policy and best practice.
· Provide programme input to longer-term planning within logs, admin and HR functions.
Security and Representation
· In collaboration with the Base Manager, Emergency Coordinator and Area Coordinator, undertake analysis of security incidents and trends in the zone of intervention and surrounding areas, ensuring that line management is regularly briefed on the security situation and advise as necessary in relation to adaptation of work plans and movement plans as necessary.
· Participate in the revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other security related duties when necessary.
Advocacy/Networking and Coordination
· Participate in country-level strategic planning initiatives and other duties as determined by line management.
· Adhere fully to the commitments and rules of Concern’s Programme Participant Protection Policy and Code of Conduct (P4 and CofC), including the respect of confidentiality.
How to apply:
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date.