Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 25 Feb 2018
Position Title : Project Manager (Stabilization)
Duty Station : Beni, Dem. Rep. Congo
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25 February 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
IOM in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is coordinating the Consortium “Together for Beni” (TfB) – a multi-year stabilization programme funded by the Stabilization Coherence Fund to support the implementation of the International Security and Stabilization Support (ISSSS) and the Provincial Stabilization Strategy and Action Plan for North-Kivu. The Fund has been identified by the Government of DRC and members of the international community as a key requirement to promote a more coherent, efficient and effective approach to stabilization in the region known as “Grand Nord”. The area of intervention will be the Priority Zone “Beni Nord”, including the collectivities of Beni.
IOM will act as the Lead of the Consortium of various international and local NGOs as the participating Partners.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office in Goma. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and managing the whole aspect of the “Together for Beni” stabilization project and the consortium. S/he will supervise IOM programme staff (minimum 2 staff) based in Beni.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Humanitarian Assistance, Migration Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience working in the field of stabilization, peacebuilding, early recovery, community resilience, DDR and related fields;
• Experience in operational activities in a complex crisis or post-crisis setting;
• Experience in project design, implementation, and management;
• Experience liaising with specialized international agencies (UN agencies, international organizations and international specialized NGOs);
• Knowledge of UN, IOM, international organizations and NGOs mandates and programmes in the field of stabilization, early recovery and community resilience;
• Work experience in Consortium settings or projects involving multiple implementing partners;
• Experience working in the country or region is an advantage;
• Previous knowledge of SSU and ISSSS activities is a clear advantage.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Swahili is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. 6
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 25 February 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 12.02.2018 to 25.02.2018
Posting: Posting NC55359014 (55359014) Released