Organization: International Planned Parenthood Federation
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 14 Feb 2018
The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is the world’s largest non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health information and services. It has 6 Regional Offices, (Western Hemisphere based New York, East and South-East Asia and Oceania Region in Bangkok, Arab World Region in Tunis, South Asia Region in Bangkok, European Network in Brussels and the Africa Region in Nairobi, Kenya). The international secretariat is in London, UK.
IPPF ARO is seeking to recruit a Technical Resident Advisor, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) – Bilingual
The post holder will pronged, internal and external related to day-to-day support to IPPF Member Association (MA) and effective representation of IPPF in national /sub regional dialogue through building strong partnerships with key stakeholders in country and at sub-regional level
The post holder will ensure efficient and effective technical execution of the programme/project management in the country. He/she ensure the projects are managed efficiently to ensure high performance, high quality programme and service delivery in an accountable manner to sustain and attract additional donor funding.
• Assist the MA in the design, implementation and tracking of MA program activities, e.g. policy analysis, advocacy and program diversification through introducing effective innovative approaches, etc.
• Ensure the MA strategic plan is aligned with the regional plan and transform MAs programme by implementing the concept of “IPES” with focus on Access to quality SRHR information and services
• Encourage result-based management and performance improvement and ensure continuous increase in service statistics
• Review MA APBs, Annual Reports, Half Year Reports, Audit Reports and provide timely constructive feedback
• Develop a dissemination strategy of lessons learnt and best practices from the MA and other restricted projects related to SRHR service delivery within the Africa Region, which will contribute to the IPPF’s knowledge management SRHR service delivery scale up.
• Provide technical support and guidance to MAs in all stages of the project (project development, project implementation, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation)
• Support MAs in improving their administrative and financial procedures focusing on the development of tools and mechanisms to manage IPPF and donor funds.
• Actively engage in all priority initiatives in the Programmes Department and enabling services initiatives
• Contribute to ensuring IPPF ARO Business Cycle is implemented as required and to provide oversight for efficient programme management in assigned MAs
• Participate in the ARO review and recommendation of MA’s Annual Programme Budget, Half Year and Annual Reports
• Collaboration with Technical Advisor-Operations to oversee programme budgets, monitoring expenditure and costs against benefits that are realised as the programme progresses
• Support assigned MAs in diversifying their resource base to strengthen their SRHR program and position the MA as a leading organisation in SRHR
• Take the lead in identifying and promoting the sharing of good practices and introduction or implementation of innovative approaches for MAs to achieve set targets
• Build strategic partnerships with the government, civil society, bilateral and multilateral organisations to implement programmes in the assigned MA’s
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Masters degree in public health, health services management, reproductive health or related fields
• At least eight years’ experience in international development to include experience in advocacy, resource mobilization, with three years’ experience at management level
• Expertise, knowledge and experience in SRHR, humanitarian issues, especially those with impact on children rights, health and welfare.
• Excellent and Strong analytical and managerial skills
• Financial management skills
• Effective report writing and presentation skills
• Strong networking
• Strong research
• Excellent time management skills to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Strong written communication skills
• Fluency in English and French is a must.
How to apply:
Interested persons are requested to submit a CV including three referees and cover letter indicating educational background, experience, skills and why you think you are the best candidate for the position to: email@example.com
Competitive remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
IPPF is an equal opportunity employer. Closing date 14th February 2018
Check the job profiles at www.ippfar.org
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
“Applications are particularly encouraged from candidates openly living with HIV.”
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).