Organization: Jane Goodall Institute
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 10 Nov 2017
Operations and Finance Manager, Democratic Republic of Congo
Position Title: Operations and Finance Manager
Reports to: Executive Director, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
Location of Employment: Goma, DRC
The Operations and Finance Manager will manage all administrative, operational and logistics support functions; in additional to providing human resources oversight for the JGI – DRC, The Operations and Finance Manager will be also be responsible for the full and proper implementation of JGI’s systems of management, compliance and control.
Founded in 1977, the Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) USA is an international non-governmental organization that continues Dr. Goodall’s pioneering work on chimpanzee ecology and behavior. Its mission is to promote wildlife conservation, in particular chimpanzee sustainability, through research, education, and community conservation. The breadth of JGI’s mission reflects Dr. Goodall’s personal philosophy that the survival of all species, whether chimpanzee or human, depends upon the collaboration of all people. In 2012, JGI formally adopted an ambitious 30-year goal to protect 85% of Africa’s wild chimpanzee populations in their natural habitats.
JGI initiated the DRC Program in 2006, implementing integrated community-centered conservation activities in the Maiko-Tayna-Kahuzi-Biega Landscape (USAID Central Africa Regional Program for the Environment – CARPE Landscape #10), an area rich in biodiversity and tremendous chimpanzee conservation potential. Currently, JGI is leading the implementation of a 10-year Great Apes Conservation Action Plan for eastern DRC in partnership with multiple stakeholders.
Major Responsibilities of Operations and Finance Manager:
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to JGI and to not jeopardize its mission.
· Others duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Demonstrated track record of successful performance in a similar role in the DRC,
· A minimum of five years field experience in administrative, operational and human resources support functions with a non-governmental organization.
· Experience in setting up and managing administration and finance management systems.
· Experience in procurement, logistics, and human resources management.
· Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns, and appropriate responses to such emergencies.
· Excellent writing and communications skills.
· Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with a culturally diverse staff.
· Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and accounting software systems.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
· Fluency in French and strong professional ability in English.
· Knowledge of local language desirable.
Excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to acts as intermediary between program and operations staff to ensure smooth process flow while maintaining a balance between program implementation and compliance with JGI and donor policies.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter, resume and two professional or academic references to email@example.com by COB Monday November 06, 2017.
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible (December 4, 2017).