Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017
MAGNA (Medical and Global Nutrition Aid) is providing medical care for children and their families in times of humanitarian crises, conflicts, epidemics, famines and natural disasters. MAGNA creates medical humanitarian projects aimed at saving lives and alleviating suffering to those who are at risk. MAGNA’s humanitarian and development programs have been currently implemented on three continents offers medical, nutritional and psychosocial assistance to people in need.
The Admin/Fin Coordinator works under the general supervision of the Operational Section and direct supervision of Operational Manager of the field mission.
Main responsibilities of AFC:
- Ensure compliance to MAGNA guidelines, standards, policies, and procedures
- Responsible for quality and timely accounting
- Do donor’s follow up and analyze the need for amendments, verify financial reports
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue
- Ensures good organization, order and quality
- Ensures the respect of standard procedures in the management of money, of expenses and of the budget. Prepares, analyses and follows up the project budget, ensures that funds are used according to the budget lines
- Analyzes the general and specific monthly budget follow up
- Responsible for cash transactions in and out of the project
- Control codes and accounting data
- Interaction with project employees daily and with government officials and other outside actors when necessary
- Updates organization charts (organigram) in the field and communicates them
- Ensures the administrative part of the recruitment process
- Briefs all the new Managers/Coordinators/ Team Leaders on required elements of administrative, HR and Finance department rules in place in the project
- Organizes internal or external trainings
- Stock management
- Follow up and renew if necessary all existing MOU’s and partnership agreements, expiring rental contract
- Assisting in translation(FR/ENG)
- Assures all logistics
- Minimum experience of 3 years in International Humanitarian Organisation
- University degree in finance, management, HR management or related field
- Demonstrated and valued experience in operations (fin, log, HR, admin) management, proved by pertinent professional experience
- Willingness and ability to work in unstable contexts**,** experience in a low-resource or emergency setting an asset
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Advanced French and ENglish (written and oral)
- Knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook) and SAGA
- Leadership and ability to train and manage staff, problem solving skills
- Analytical skill and strategic vision
- Demonstrated communication, reporting and organizational skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and under constraint delays, in multicultural environments and independently
- Deep understanding and application of humanitarian principles
How to apply:
Only European candidates are eligible for the post opening. Interested applicants can send their CV and motivation letter by email, to address email@example.com.
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered: “**AFC DRC**”. E-mails without job title will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.) and 3 professional references.