Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Finance Manager will provide financial and administrative management for an upcoming UNITAID project aimed to scale up an innovative, community-based approach to expand coverage of intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy (IPTp) for pregnant women in Democratic Republic of the Congo. The Finance Manager will oversee all financial, contractual, information technology, human resources, and procurement activities. The Finance Manager will also supervise the Financial Officer. The project will operate over a five-year period.
Required Qualifications: Advanced Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting with 10+ years’ experience or BA and 12+ years’ experience
- 7+ years of experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting, preferably on international health projects.
- 7+ years working in international health in developing countries and in Democratic Republic of the Congo with emphasis in financial planning and management, human resources and procurement for international health programs covering at least two of the following technical areas: health system strengthening, strengthening service delivery projects, training, performance and quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation
- Relevant experience living and working oversees, including supporting implementation of national/provincial/regional/district-level programs
- 7 years of senior-level work experience with donors
- Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and support staff
- Familiarity with UNITAID policies and administrative procedures preferred
- Demonstrated experience organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Sub-contract and sub-agreement financial management experience
- Understanding of the difference between contracts and cooperative agreements and their relevant terms and conditions
- Experience developing finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems
- Effective communicator and can explain the organization’s direction and motivate others with strong, honest leadership
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Problem solving skills and excellent general management skills particularly in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Comfortable with a team approach to management and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Demonstrated leadership and management style that works in cooperation with others who represent a wide range of interests and needs
- Experience with international, non-profit organizations
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in French and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated programming, management and technical skills
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity of project financial team members.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple projects/tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to interact with all levels of professional staff
- Awareness of, sensitivity to, and experience in working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multi-cultural staff and groups
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts at headquarter and other field offices
- In depth knowledge financial software applications, databases and spreadsheets, including Microsoft Office packages, QuickBooks Enterprise, and others.
- Ability to travel nationally
How to apply: