Organization: RTI International
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 07 Dec 2016
RTI is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Finance and Administration Manager position on an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Democratic Republic of Congo Kivu Value Chain Activity. The goal of the activity is to increase household incomes and access to nutrient rich crops by linking small holder farmers to strengthened and inclusive value chains and supportive market services. USAID anticipates a five year period of performance with a total estimated cost range of $22-24 million. The FAM will provide senior-level oversight of the financial and administrative functions on the project. The FAM will report to the Chief of Party. This position will be located in Bukavu, South Kivu, DRC.
• Oversight of the project’s management of financial and reporting functions to ensure compliance with the terms of the agreement;
• Oversight of finance, human resource management, logistics, procurement, administration and information technology (IT) support to the project;
• Oversee preparation and submission of financial statements and other cost accounting reports to RTI and USAID;
• Ensure adherence to RTI and USAID financial and accounting policies and procedures;
• Oversee subcontract and/or grant to local partners;
• Provide training and guidance to field and subcontract/grantee finance managers and COP on managing project expense to annual work plan and contract budgets, as needed;
• Coordinate and consolidate the projection of monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepares pipeline estimates for the project;
• Provide leadership and support during project start-up and close-out with regard to setting up the project office, bank account, operations and logistics, staff administration, etc.;
• Ensure appropriate systems and cost effective, timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds and have the proper internal controls.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field; Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred;
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial management of international-donor-funded projects including experience in the management of USAID-funded projects;
• ACCA/CPA or other recognized professional accounting qualification preferred;
• Experience in grants/subcontract management is highly preferred;
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions, as required;
• Familiarity with USG Cost Accounting Standards; Extensive knowledge of computerized accounting systems, accounting software and Microsoft Office;
• Proficiency in QuickBooks software preferred;
• Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills;
• Written and verbal fluency in French and English.
• Experience in DRC preferred.
How to apply:
To Respond: Individuals are invited to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) with current contact information and details (including achievements) of relevant experience to www.rti.org/job17637.