Organization: Management Systems International
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 25 Nov 2016
Financial and Administrative Manager, Monitoring Evaluation and
Coordination Contract (MECC), Democratic Republic of the Congo
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI will provide to USAID performance management services to monitor, evaluate, and assess implementation of the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy. The Contractor will also provide coordination, monitoring, evaluation, analytic, and research services for the USAID/ DFID Joint Education Program.
Please note: Only DRC citizens are eligible for this position.**
Position Summary: MSI is looking to fill a Financial and Administrative Manager position in Kinshasa. The Financial and Administrative Manager will report to the MSI MECC DCOP and work closely with MECC staff and MSI’s Senior Project Manager at the MSI Headquarters (HQ) office in Washington, DC to ensure smooth and compliant implementation of the MECC program.
- Process payments for MSI local staff (salary payments, employee benefit payments, tax reporting, medical insurance, etc.).
- Provide all data and backups for the MSI financial reports.
- Work closely with the MSI MECC staff as well as MECC Director of Finance and Administration to ensure all Component 2 activities have proper approvals (admin, logistics and financial).
- Update any organizational chart changes, point of contact and any changes to the team structure to MSI HQ.
- Maintain the communication and security manual and sharing them with MSI MECC staff and consultants.
- Provide logistical support by coordinating with the MECC Logistics manager when both MSI HO and local staff is traveling in and outside of Kinshasa.
- Maintain and updating the MECC MSI property disposition files and ensuring all property is properly labeled.
- Provide assistance to the MSI HQ team with procurement requests.
- Maintain a contact list for STTA’s traveling to DRC.
- Work with the MSI Contracts, Finance, and Administration Manager to produce reports and gather necessary documentation for all contractrelated issues pertaining to procurement, travel and finance.
- Introduce new personnel to project policies and procedures.
- Keep records of employees’ sick days, overtime, and vacation days according to USAID and MSI policies.
- Make hotel reservations for MSI international personnel and visitors and providing all tools necessary to their work (transport, internet access, assisting with local phones).
- Provide support to the Finance/Logistics assistant in Lubumbashi (workshops, conferences, training courses, and other activities initiated from the technical team, including facilitating booking of venues for accommodation, meals, conference facilities, and other related services).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance and administrative management in DRC.
- Demonstrated experience using Excel and Quickbooks.
- Experience with making salary deductions and payment to the proper authority.
- High degree of maturity and ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors.
- Experience managing staff in multiple locations.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Experience with USAID funded project preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Ability to travel to regions outside of Kinshasa.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com. Please put in the subject line the position you are applying for.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/ych3cc4sh3
How to apply: